Southern Lawn Care Baton Rouge
We are a local lawn care company in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and have been in the industry for several years now. The lawn mowing business thrives in Louisiana’s warm summer months and there are plenty of yard with grass to trim. Because of this high volume, the industry has grown considerable and there are 1000’s of other companies available. We understand in order to continue growing our business, we need to take extra great care of our clients. When searching for a lawn care company or lawn service companies, you should keep several factors in mind to determine their quality of service. We have been in business for years, have a satisfied customer base, and provide a range of services.
We don’t claim to be the cheapest company in town, but we do claim to provide the best lawn maintenance in town. Referrals make up 80% of our business so we are in the business of getting referrals by pleasing our customers. We will provide a personal guarantee to leave you happy with our services. We offer several other services accompany mowing, which you can view below.
We manage both commercial and residential accounts for lawn maintenance and various landscaping baton rouge jobs.
If you look at our service area, you can see all of the places that we service.
We come to your house and provide our basic services: mowing, trimming, edging, and blowing. We provide consistent service and leave your yard looking beautiful. We also provide other landscaping services.
For commercial locations, we pay extra attention to scheduling to make sure we maintain your property at convenient times and provide detailed work.
Standard Lawn Service includes:
Other Services provided:
Winter Leaf CleanupWe will rake and bag your leaves after they fall during the fall & winter months
Clearing OvergrowthWe can clear your overgrowth and clean any additional debris.This includes raking & bagging leaves.
Tree and Hedge TrimmingWe trim trees, bushes, and hedges to form and shape them as requested.
Tips & Tricks
8 seasonal steps to keep your baton rouge grass beautiful year-round
- 1. Add a weed-preventing barrier to keep the grass edge clean. A supplemental barrier is built near any concrete surfaces to keep weeds out, especially crabgrass. You should also treat for current winter weeds at this time and budding areas receive a winter fertilizer.
- 2. Granular fertilizers will give you an early spring green and help recover from the winter stresses. Now is a time to also receive treatment for crabgrass and pesky winter weeds.
- 3. Continuing Granular fertilization will increase your grasses health. Additional controls for weeds and crabgrass should continue to be applied as they will become increasingly difficult to control
- 4.Adding more fertilizer will maintain color and density, and to prepare for the harsh summer heat. You should also inspect for weeds and insect activity and treat accordingly because now is when the large weed and insect activity will begin.
- 5. Lime should be applied to fescue lawns; granular fertilizers to bermuda and zoysia. Insects can be present at this time and need to be treated.
- 6. You will now need to treat your for the summer stress and control fall-germinating weeds.
- 7. Use a Granular fertilizers to promote root development which will help Fescue thicken and prepare Bermuda and Zoysia for winter dormancy. If you have treated for insects during the summer, you shouldn’t have much trouble with them now.
- 8. Lime needs to be applied to bermuda and zoysia, and a winter formulated granular fertilizer to fescue. Be sure to treat broadleaf weeds where they remain to stop spread. This treatment can help determine how your yard will look next year.
Our Regular Lawn Care Service Contains:
This can be provided in a one-time or weekly service.
For a little Extra we can provide:
Raking & Bagging Leaves
Trimming Trees and Hedges
Pulling Weeds from Flower Beds
Tilling Planting and Transplanting
Cleaning Off Roofs & Clearing Gutters
Clear an Area of Overgrowth
Clear Off Fence Line