If you are looking for the best lawn care company or the best value for your dollar on service, there are certain things you can do to make sure you get a quality service. We have compiles a few things that will help you choose a company but remember, you don’t know until you know!
1. Get a referral from your friends and family. Many people in Baton Rogue or surrounding areas know someone that cuts grass or uses a company themselves. By getting a referral you will know the tract record or history of the company. Plus for us when someone is refereed to a company, it’s usually in the companies best interest to provide a quality service to keep the referrals coming.
2. Research the company online. For larger companies you can find information about them through either social media or reviewing websites such as yelp or yellow pages. By checking how a company respondes to their clients online will who how they interact with their clients. Additionally, you will see how they are viewed by their clients and you can see if people have good or bad experiences with them.
3. How long have they been in businesses? Determining how long they have been in business will say whether they are good enough to have been around for more than a year or two. Don’t get us wrong, you can find a company with no history do a better job that someone around for 20 years but the trends show that companies with tenure provide more constant service.
4. What services do they provide? It is usually better to work with a company that also provides landscaping services and leaf cleaning services. This is because you will inevitably need those services and it’s better to pick a lawn maintenance company that also can help you with those other services.
5. Keep them honest by getting additional quotes/bids. This doesn’t mean go with the cheapest company because you get what you pay for but you want to make sure they aren’t way out there.
6. Check with other professionals you may work with. Chances are your hvac or roofing company know a good lawn cutting or mowing company as well as landscaping company. By checking with them, they will want to do right by you and only refer a quality company as it will be based on their reputation. Plus, if something goes wrong and you let them know they will likely try to help make it right.
At the end of the day there is no way to know which company is the best, but you can do your homework and find a good company that will work for you. Sometimes it will take a couple tries to find that right company that will work for you for years to come.